Transport for THIRD PARTIES
We can define the “transport for third parties” by this way:
“provision of a service, performed professionally, not in an instrumental way, which is the transfer of property of third parties, both for bulk materials or not, using vehicles and upon payment of a fee."
- What you need for road transport
- Who can do road transport
- Access to the road haulage market
- To make the road haulage for third parties is necessary
- The requirements for the third parties transport are
- The mark that you have to expose according to the type of transport
- Possible penalties in case of illegal transport
The exercise of road transport for third parties is governed by the European Regulation 1071/2009 in EU rule – decree RD/291 of 11.25.2011. Read more »
What you need for road transport:
• Vehicle complies with laws according to the kind of transport;
• The cargo, owned by third party ( hence the name " transport for third parties );
• The route already established by a contract that the carrier should follow.
Access to the road haulage market:
• Through the takeover of a company to another which has concluded the activities of road transport;
• Through the acquisition of a fleet of vehicles belonging to a haulage company;
• With the acquisition and registration of transport vehicles.
To make the road haulage for third parties is necessary:
• Registration for the profession by The Register of haulers of things for others;
• The authorization for the exercise of the profession of transport goods by road and the subscribe to
National Electronic register of companies;
• Possession of resources and the availability of staff.
The requirements for the third parties transport are:
• The integrity , represented by the lack of convictions by final judgment;
• The financial capacity , demonstrated by a certificate issued by an auditor;
• The professional competence obtained by passing an examination required by the standard.
The mark that you have to expose according to the type of transport:
By law in the front and rear of the own vehicle and outside any trailer , it must expose a mark , a diagonal strip that assumes different color according to:
• Red : transport on own account;
• White : transport for third parties;
• Blue : services of the square.
Freight and people: the new rules of the profession
Truck People: authorization exercise profession - Rules and application forms
Freight undertaken: authorization exercise profession - Reference Standards
Documentation trucking merci Third account